SOUTH AZERBAIJAN NATIONAL AWAKENIG MOVEMENT
- Chairman of SANAM
Dr. Mahmoudali Chehrgani
- Deputy Chair
- Deputy Chair and Head of Public Relations
- Members of the executive board
SANAM’s 2017 ACTIVITY REPORT
Below are SANAM’s activities in regards to the Turkic peoples and South Azerbaijan for the year 2017.
This report consists of an overview of the conferences, speeches, interviews, meetings, and etc. which have been conducted both within and outside of South Azerbaijan.
It has been a priority for the South Azerbaijan National Awakening Movement to take part in these activities in order for the betterment of the interests of the Turkic peoples and South Azerbaijani Turks. The planned and programmed drying of Lake Urmia (by the Iranian regime), arrests of South Azerbaijani political and human rights activists, economic unrest, martyrs of the South Azerbaijani National Movement, the events regarding the Tractorsazi FC of Tabriz, and etc. have been noted in this report.
Currently ongoing activities and future actions will be noted in the next annual report.
For the safety of members and supporters residing within South Azerbaijan, their activities have not been included in full detail to avoid persecution by the Iranian security forces.
- 3 JANUARY 2017 – Aghri Garadaghli and Mr. Ramin Abdollahzadeh, both members of SANAM’s central board, visited the leader of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP), Mr. Devlet Bahcheli
- 4 JANUARY 2017- Head of SANAM, Dr. Chehrgani is interviewed by Azerbaijan’s ‘Musavat’ Newspaper about “December 31st Worl Azerbaijanis Day”.
- 7 JANUARY 2017- Bulut Alemdar of SANAM’s central committe attented as a speaker to a conference which brought the heads of World Turkic Organizations.
- 17 JANUARY 2017- South Azerbaijani leader Dr. Chehrgani’s speech at the service awards for the Turkic World.
- 19 JANUARY 2017- Bulut Alemdar’s attendance and contributions at the Ural Strategic Research Institute in Istanbul about ‘Black January’.
- 23 JANUARY 2017- The co-hosting of World Turkic Conference by SANAM and the Turan Organization.
- 26 JANUARY 2017- Chehrgani’s interview with Voice of America regarding recent events in South Azerbaijan.
- 30 JANUARY 2017- Elyar Makoui of SANAM’s central committe (board of directors) attends an event in Istanbul themed “the Fight for Turkish Language in South Azerbaijan” hosted by the ‘Revitalization Movement of Turkish Language’.
- 1 February 2017- SANAM’s attendance at the ‘Mahammad Amin Rasoulzade, the Eternal Leader of Azerbaijan’ conference.
- 16 February 2017-The social media signature campaign themed “Lift the Ban of Dr. Chehrgani’s Entry into Turkey”.
- 26 February 2017-The letter written to UN by SANAM and moral support regarding the uprising of Al-Ahwazi Arabs in the southwestern region of Iran.
- 28 February 2017-The protest of SANAM in regards to the sentences given to four South Azerbaijani human rights activists: Mr. Akbar Azad, Mr. Bahnam Sheyhi, Mr. Ali Riza Farshi, and Mr. Hamed Manafi.
- 23 February 2017-The interview of Mr. Aghri Garadaghli with Azerbaijani (Baku) news media regarding the sentences handed to four S. Azerbaijani activists.
- 26 February 2017- SANAM’s attendance at the Khojaly Massacre commemoration event in Istanbul, hosted by Ural Strategic Research Institute.
- 26 February 2017- SANAM members attend the Khojaly Massacre photo exhibit in Istanbul, hosted by the Nationalist Movement Party (NMP-MHP).
- 10 March 2017- Dr. Elyar Makoui of SANAM board of directors gives a speech at a gathering themed ‘South Azerbaijan’ at a local branch (Küçükçekmece Ülkü Ocakları) of MHP organization in Istanbul.
- 11 March 2017- Mr. Aghri Garadaghli of SANAM board of directors attends as speaker to a conference themed ‘South Azerbaijan’, hosted by Kadıköy Ülkü Ocakları (a local MHP branch in Istanbul).
- 16 March 2017- S. Azerbaijani leader Dr. Chehrgani’s interview with Azerbaijani (Baku) Hafta newspaper regarding recent events in South Azerbaijan.
- 18 March 2017- SANAM’s attendance at the one hundred and second Chanakkale Victory Marches in Istanbul.
- 18 March 2017- Makoui of SANAM’s board of directors is interviewed by BenguTurk TV about the Chanakkale (Gallipoli) Victory.
- 18 March 2017- Makoui of SANAM’s board of directors is interviewed by Kirim Turk TV about the Chanakkale (Gallipoli) Victory.
- 21 March 2017- SANAM attends the Turkish new year (Oghuz Bayrami) events in Istanbul, hosted by the Ist. Azerbaijan Cultural Organization.
- 28 March 2017- Aghri Garadaghli and Mr. Makoui of SANAM central committe attend a conference themed ‘South Azerbaijan, Golden Bridge to the Turkic World’. This event was hosted at the Ankara Gazi University.
- 1 April 2017- Makoui of SANAM BoD attends and gives speech at a gathering themed ‘Insight into Turan’. Event was hosted by the local NMP-MHP branch: Esenyurt Ülkü Ocakları.
- 8 April 2017- Makoui of SANAM BoD visits the head of Kaghithane Municipality in Istanbul regarding future programs about South Azerbaijan.
- 15 April 2017- SANAM’s letter of condolence regarding the floods in South Azerbaijani cities.
- 18 April 2017- An event themed ‘South Azerbaijan’s Nation and History’ at the University of Istanbul. Mr. Majid Makoui attends as the speaker.
- 29 April 2017- Mr. Ramin Abdollahzadeh of SANAM’s BoD (then a member) presents a hand-drawn portrait to the grandson of Mahammad Amin Rasoulzade (founder of the State of Azerbaijan).
- 14 May 2017- SANAM’s media briefing regarding the Iranian Presidential and Municipal/Congress elections.
- 29 May 2017- The attendance of Makoui of SANAM board of directors to the World Turkic Youth Convention held in Istanbul.
- 15 June 2017- Elyar (Majid) Makoui receives a service award at the Iftar program hosted by the Istanbul division of MHP organization.
- 20 June 2017- Members of SANAM’s board of directors visited the leader of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) and gave briefing about the current state of affairs in South Azerbaijan. They presented Mr. Bahcheli with the South Azerbaijan flag and Tractorsazi jersey as souvenir.
- 20 June 2017- Members from the SANAM BoD visited the top advisor to the Turkish president, Mr. Yalchin Topchu, presenting him with the South Azerbaijan flag and Tractorsazi jersey.
- 21 June 2017- Members of the SANAM central committe visited one of MHP’s top members in Ankara Mr.Olcay KILAVUZ , discussed current events in South Azerbaijan, and presented him with the flag of South Azerbaijan and a jersey of Tractorsazi FC.
- 21 June 2017- Members of SANAM BoD came together with MHP’s Member of Parliament Mr. Saffet Sanjakli, discussed the situation in South Azerbaijan and presented him with S. Azerbaijani flag and Tractorsazi jersey.
- 22 June 2017- SANAM’s visits are noted in top Turkish media outlets.
- 4 July 2017- The flag of S. Azerbaijan is raised in multiple cities despite constant patrolling, arrests, and tortures conducted by the Ettelaat (Iranian secret service) and Iranian security forces.
- 4 July 2017- The statement released by SANAM regarding the South Azerbaijan Flag Day.
- 6 July 2017- The interview of Mr. Aghri Garadaghli (BoD member) with Azerbaijani (Baku) media regarding the arrests of national activists in the famous Babek Castle marches.
- 7 July 2017- SANAM’s vice president Dr. Alireza Abdollahi discusses the organization’s recent activities with Voice of America.
- 10 July 2017- The coverage by the 50 Million News Agency of the “Urmia Lake Human Shield”, an event organized and planned by SANAM.
- 15 July 2017- The gratitude letter by SANAM to the South Azerbaijani Turkish people for their cooperation and heeding the call to protest and attend certain planned events.
- 8 August 2017- SANAM’s top officials visit MHP’s Istanbul officials and gift Tractorsazi jersey and the flag of South Azerbaijan.
- 20 August 2017- The attendance of SANAM members in the commemoration events of the legendary Azerbaijani president and leader Abolfazl Elchibey in the Soleymaniyeh Mosque in Istanbul.
- 22 August 2017- The attendance of SANAM members in the 17th commemoration events held for Abolfazl Elchibey by the Ural think tank.
- 31 August 2017- The letter sent to the United Nations by SANAM protesting Iranian regime’s new racist guidelines set to select employees for the department of education.
- 8 September 2017- SANAM’s VP Dr. Abdollahi visited MHP’s top official in Ankara, Mr. Olcay Kilaviz, and discussed current events in the region and S. Azerbaijan.
- 13 September 2017- SANAM’s VP visited MHP’s top official in Istanbul (Ahmet Yildirim) along with Mr. Makoui.
- 14 September 2017- Dr. Abdollahi (VP) and Mr. Makoui visit MHP’s Istanbul party representative Mr. Bulent Karatash, and discuss events in S. Azerbaijan.
- 15 September 2017- Vice President of SANAM, Dr. Abdollahi, attends a program at BenguTurk TV to discuss S. Azerbaijani Turks and Kerkuk Turkomans.
- 21 September 2017- The flags of South Azerbaijan and Iraqi Turkmen region are raised alongside in the capital Tabriz despite the apparent danger posed by the Iranian security forces.
- 21 September 2017- SANAM releases a statement on beginning of the first day of schools and protests the ban of Azerbaijani Turkish in Iranian schools.
- 22 September 2017- Elyar Makoui of SANAM BoD is appointed as a top MHP (Ülkü Ocakları) official in Istanbul.
- 23 September 2017- A local NMP (Nationalist Movement Party) branch in Istanbul (Gaziosmanpaşa Ü.O.) hosts an event themed ‘South Azerbaijan and the Turkic World’. Mr. Makoui attends as the guest speaker.
- 24 September 2017- SANAM attends marches in Istanbul to support the notion of “Kekuk is Turkish and will remain such”.
- 8 October 2017- SANAM’s attendance at the “Kerkuk Lovers” meeting in Ankara. The event was hosted by the NMP.
- 23 October 2017- Elyar Makoui of SANAM’s central committee attends as the guest speaker to a conference themed ‘South Azerbaijan and the Turkic World’. Event was hosted by a local branch (Bayrampaşa Ülkü Ocakları) of the Nationalist Movement Party in Istanbul.
- 24 October 2017- The appointment of Mr. Elyar Makoui by head of SANAM, Dr. Chehrgani, as the SANAM vice president in charge of public relations and media.
- 26 October 2017- Hundreds of SANAM member/supporters attend the ninth memorial events of the former SANAM vice president Mr. Muhendis Qolamreza Amani in Tabriz. Mr. Amani was martyred by the Iranian security forces alongside his two brothers.
- 28 October 2017- The South Azerbaijani martyrs were remembered in an event hosted in Kaghithane, Istanbul by SANAM. This was also the day marking the martyrdom of Mr. Amani.
- 2 Novamber 2017- SANAM attends a conference hosted by the Ural think tank about current events in the Turkic World.
- 26 Novamber 2017- SANAM attends a convention hosted in celebration of the one hundredth birthday of Alparslan Turkesh, the legendary leader of the Nationalist Movement in Turkey. S. Azerbaijan’s flag was raised there.
- 3 December 2017- The attendance of SANAM members to a convention focusing on the Iraqi Turkmen, and the presenting of South Azerbaijani flag and Tractorsazi jersey to the leader of Iraqi Turkmen front, Mr. Arshad Salehi.
- 3 December 2017- The speech of Mr. Elyar Makoui, SANAM’s vice president in charge of media and public relations, at the aforementioned event.
- 11 December 2017- The rememberance of Turkish nationalist and author, Nihal Atsiz, on the 44th anniversary of his passing.
- 16 December 2017- SANAM’s hosting of the 72nd S. Azerbaijani Independence Day, a democratic government formed under the leadership of Jafar Pishavari in 1945.
- 16 December 2017- Zehtabi, a renowned S. Azerbaijani thinker and author, was remembered in his hometown of Shabestar by his grave.
- 29 December 2017- SANAM hosts an event named “South Azerbaijan, the Golden Bridge to the Turkic World” at the Istanbul Yildiz Teknik University.
- 30 December 2017- SANAM hosts the World Azerbaijani Unity Day commemoration in Istanbul.
|No||Social Media Name||Social Media Link||Like|
|3||Facebook50 Milyon Haber Ajansı||https://www.facebook.com/TurkDunyasiUyanisHareketi/||21 000|
|4||FacebookTürk Dünyası Uyanış Hareketi||https://www.facebook.com/50000000ButovAzerbaycanXeberAjansi/||214 000|
|5||FacebookGüney Azerbaycan Haber Ajansı||https://www.facebook.com/GuneyAzerbaycanXeberAjansi/||7 000|
|6||İnstagram /50 Milyon||https://www.instagram.com/50000000_org||35 000|
|10||Telegram/Güney Azerbaycan Milli Bayrağı||https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAELXQd8ovICzStE1Xw@MilliBayraq||2000|